Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Series of New Translations Done by Me

Rohon Kuddu’s Poems: Translation by Barnali Saha


Seeds one and two: “Beej”

The abhorred tress I planted for you
See white veil is but a far away tale
Applique is mixed with magic
The hotchpotch is sprawling towards you

All the jealous agonies I wined my cellar with
They too are inconsistent in your wine goblet
Your staggering feet in unbeholden in the night’s darkest hours
Like some wild wolf drag you to bed

While I sit and chime about the extraordinariness of the fetus
My abstract taboos vocalize one by one.


Father: “Pita”

Babar was moonstruck at the last moment
He shouted, “Give me back my life!”
From the sinews of his heart
The heartrending sire in him wanted to rise

Once endurance is bestowed on a son
In the retaliated gun powdered-laces
Even Babar has to calculate his last debt


Water Pistol: “Jol Pistol”

Holding the nozzle close to the ear
You squash the trigger with utter disregard
Vanished judgment

Pestered your toy gun altercations
Might sound time and again

But everything else like baseborn
Never says fu fu fu

No comments: