Friday, April 12, 2013

Blogging from A-Z Challenge: K for Khajuraho

Thanks to the Blogging from A-Z Challenge, I am writing poetry once again. It has been a genre I had once decided to jettison for prose fiction because, I thought, my talent in that particular category of creative composition is limited. Nevertheless, one cannot expect to master one category of creative writing if one turns a blind eye to another, so I have decided to try my hand once again in wielding a dish of poetry and, I am happy to say, that so far it's not going absolutely awry: I managed to produce, though after a great deal of effort in each case, three poems in this month. 
Today's blog-post on the letter K is also a poem; it's a composition based on my experience when I visited the Khajuraho group of monuments in the heartland of India, Madhya Pradesh. Here, I would like to add, that contrary to the popular belief, Khajuraho isn't at all steeped in sexual passion; it's an erroneous orientalist view that should be ignored. The group of monuments though generously sculpted with sculptures of an erotic kind, also contain myriad figurines that have nothing to do with lust or passion. Passion, there might be, for so breathtaking and surprising  the sculpture-embedded structures are that I don't believe that the geniuses who crafted them could have done it without the inspiration of creative passion. 


Khajuraho 


4 comments:

Sangita Kalarickal said...

I've always wanted to visit Khajuraho, amazed by the pictures! A civilization had to be so mature to make this temple!

Unknown said...

As I have never heard the word before there were not preconceived thoughts on what it was like. You are fortunate to have witnessed such a beautiful building in Khanuraho. Great K word

Patricia, Sugar & Spice & All Things ? Nice

Sylvia Ney said...

So glad you're writing again. Keep up the good work! New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge and I look forward to visiting again.

Sylvia
http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Beautifully written!! I'm enjoying your theme.
Connie
A to Z-ing to the end
Peanut Butter and Whine